Hello, welcome and thanks for dropping in.
I am Leonie Stewart. I provide counselling, coaching and focusing sessions in Drummoyne, Sydney New South Wales, Australia. I am passionate about working with couples and also with young people.
Life can sometimes get hard and feel complicated. It is not always plain sailing. These are times when we need a safe harbour and a way to anchor ourselves. Sometimes we need some time to work out a positive way forward.
You and I can sit together with safety and trust and create a safe harbour to help you to discover how your life, (or your life with your partner), can be better.
So, if you are experiencing stress, depression, anxiety, sadness, anger, resentment, grief or other difficulties either within yourself or in your relationship, I believe I can help you.
You are the expert in your own life and together we can reveal your inner wisdom
We will find new possibilities for your life and, in the process I can share some practical tools and techniques to help you on your way.
- We can explore what is happening in your life
- We can look at what you do and think and feel
- We can look at your story and its meaning
Our conversations will build insights that lead to positive changes in your life.
- I will listen to you with empathy and understanding.
- I want you to come as you are, knowing you will be accepted as you are.
- I will be mindful of your history – including family, society, schooling, culture and religion
- I believe in working with the whole person – physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual.
The Benefits of Working Together
We are all on our own journey. Together we can help you to:
- Lift your awareness of what you think, do, feel and believe.
- Learn strategies that will help you (including relaxation: using breath, concentrative meditation, guided visualizations, mindfulness techniques and focusing. As well as look at your values, aspirations, beliefs and expectations)
- Learn to be kinder to yourself and show yourself and others compassion
- Soothe yourself in troubled times
- Decide to change in some way (or not)
I believe this will allow you to find new meaning and perhaps write yourself a different story that helps you move forward.
My highest hope is that you can continue your life journey with more awareness, insight and tools and techniques to help you on your way.
I would love to help you find a way forward in your life
A way to anchor yourself and create your own safe harbour.
Counselling for Couples
I love working with couples using Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT). EFT has been shown to be successful when working with couples. I will work to help each partner understand themselves and each other. Together we can address communication, decision-making, intimacy and commitment issues to discover a way forward.
Counselling for Young People
I have been working with young people for over 25 years in different ways. I have developed lots of different tools, tips and techniques to help younger people build confidence and resilience. I offer a safe and confidential place where young people can come as they are and explore their best way forward.
I can show you a way to get in touch with your own intuitive wisdom so you can find your own way forward.
‘More than Mindfulness’ Programs for Schools
I also design and run programs for schools. These ‘More than mindfulness” programs teach tips, techniques and skills including mindfulness and focusing. This gives students a toolbox full of practical methods that can help them soothe themselves and build resilience and compassion.
A bit about My Professional Background
As a teacher and a coach, as well as a counsellor, I have been working with people of all ages and their families in one way or another for over 25 years. I believe we are all meant to belong and connect, to love ourselves and love others and so to find meaning. I want to help others find their own way forward to a happier and more hopeful life full of possibilities.
- Masters in Counselling and Applied Psychotherapy www.think.edu.au
- Graduate diploma in Emotion Focused Therapy (which research has shown to be very effective for couples) www.eftherapy.com
- Focusing orientated therapist and trainer (a way for you to find your own way forward) www.focusing.org
- Meditation and mindfulness teacher www.tarabrach.com
- Bachelor of Physical Education www.uwa.edu.au (Advanced Netball coach www.netballnsw.com www.netball.com )
- CAPA Counsellors and Psychotherapists Association of NSW Membership Number: 42760 www.capansw.org.au
- PACFA Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia Membership number – 22236 www.pacfa.org.au This means I have completed accredited degrees and have completed the required face-to-face hours and supervision and follow ethical rules regarding ‘first do no harm’. I am also insured.
Please note: Everything you say will be confidential. The only exception is if I think you are going to hurt yourself or someone else and then it is mandatory that I report it.
How we can get started
Call me on 0438 412 667. If I can’t pick up I will get back to you in 24 hours.
Or send an email to http://firstname.lastname@example.org
I also offer you a free 15-minute phone consultation. We can discuss what is going on for you and I can answer questions about my services.
I can also counsel you via skype, if that works better for you.
I am looking forward to hearing from you and working with you.