Maybe you want to discuss your life, your dreams, your desires, your hopes and where to from here. If so, we can sit down together and talk things through.
What is Coaching?
Coaching is about me working with you to find your own way forward to achieve your potential – whatever that may be….
My job is to get to know you so you can get to know yourself better. We will look at you – the whole person – the physical, intellectual, emotional, thoughtful and spiritual you. We can look at your past, present and future.
My job is to be curious and help you unfold your own way forward. We will do this by exploring how you walk in the world and what you want to do more of, less of and what new things you want to explore.
We can cover anything you want: what to study, what job to get, how to do better in your job, how to relate better to others or how to be kinder to yourself for example.
We start with the assumption that you are resourceful and that together we can help you develop your abilities by questions, support and challenges. You get to set the agenda and your goals. We work together. We are looking for change and positive, practical action as well as doing more of the stuff that works.
Coaching can involve any of the following:
Discovering or exploring your:
- strengths, skills, accomplishments
- weaknesses, learning edges, areas that need development
- worries, anxieties, defences, concerns, reactions, problems
- aspirations, goals, desires, inspirations, passions, intentions
- Goals and solution focused steps to achieve those goals
Tools, tips, techniques and ways of being:
- Writing affirmations
- Daily practices – being grateful, reflecting on things you did well and what you would do differently
- Listening skills, communication skills
- Relaxation techniques – breathing, mindfulness and meditation practices (quick and longer ones), guided visualisations
- Focusing – a method to get in touch with your own intuitive wisdom
- Thinking at the edge – good when you want to write or be creative