You may decide you would like to implement MORE than MINDFULNESS in your school, or you may want to do the online on-demand course for you and your children
You can look at MORE than MINDFULNESS Scope and Sequence that was implemented at a Sydney Primary School.
You can read a report from a Primary School where the full MtM program was successfully run and created compelling results. It includes Students’ comments on what they found helpful.
- St Philip Neri Northbridge Primary School – Presentation to parents about the MtM program. The full Program was run in the school in 2016. Read the report here.
- Wellbeing Australia conference – Presentation at Strengths, Circles, Social and Emotional Learning Conference. Read the powerpoint here.
Click here and you will find a ginger bread person template. You can use this when you use Art with your students to draw their “felt sense”.
Just below you will find some helpful guiding notes for Focusing :
- Some ways to get back in the zone if you are an athlete
- Gendlin’s Six steps
- A brief description of Gendlin’s 6 Focusing steps to give you an introduction to focusing. One of these documents comes from www.focusing.org and the other one is adapted from Gene Gendlin’s book Focusing.
- Getting a felt sense of something you like and don’t like
- An introduction to focusing and your ‘felt sense’ via focusing on something you like and something you don’t like. This is a great way to get a feel for your “felt sense”
Communication and Resilience Resources
Worksheets to discover more about yourself and techniques to help you in your life.
- Your values
- Discover your deepest inner most value and intentionally live your life that way
- Your aspiration
- An exercise to help you decide on your aspiration for the day which sets your day up the way you want it to be
- Be grateful
- An every day exercise in being grateful that reminds you of the good in your life
- ‘When, I feel, because…’
- Communicate well and use ‘When, I feel, because’. ‘When’ points to the behaviour of another, ‘I feel’ lets them know how you feel and ‘because’ gives the reason.
- Create a pleasure board
- Create a pleasure board it makes you feel better
- Create a strength board
- Create a strength board, accomplishment board, skills board or all three. This definitely helps you feel better
- Create a worry board
- Create a Worry board. Writing your worries down helps your worries subside
MORE than MINDFULNESS References
A lot of authors, teachers, counsellors, psychotherapists and psychologists informed the MORE than MINDFULNESS course.
If you are interested, please have a look at all the references that have helped me develop MORE than MINDFULNESS by clicking here.