MORE than MINDFULNESS
Practical and powerful ways for students (and teachers and parents if wanted) to pause, listen, reflect, focus, be kind and mindful to self and others, value-based, intentional and grateful.
The MORE than MINDFULNESS course is a 6-week online, on-demand course designed for students only, or students and one of their parent’s to do at the same time. It will enhance the participant’s resilience and therefore wellbeing. Why Parents too? So they know what their child is learning and can use the “life skills” too.
All participants will learn to pause and soothe themselves when life gets bumpy.
The “life skills” taught will be of practical use to both student and parent as they walk in their world and live their lives, together and separately.
WHY DO IT?
One of the biggest challenges, for all of us, is to cope with the different types of stress we encounter in our lives. In a more complex, rapidly changing world, building resilience has become increasingly important. It’s key to working and playing more effectively and creating strong relationships of hope and possibility throughout our life. Teaching these skills early and systematically in life is extremely beneficial.
This is an opportunity for some of your students (and one parent) to do the MORE than MINDFULNESS online course.
What is in the 6-week MORE than MINDFULNESS course?
Over 10 hours of content and worksheets
4 FREE e-books. (What is Stress? What is Wellbeing? What is Mindfulness? What is Focusing?)
Plus 6 Live zoom Q&A sessions
The “MORE than MINDFULNESS” Course has modules that will help students:
- Understand what stress is and how it affects them
- Learn methods to help them be less stressed
- Know their values
- Be intentional
- Be grateful
- Become more mindful and use various strategies that help them best
- Learn to pause, so they can respond and not react
- Become better listeners and communicators
- Become more empathic and compassionate to themselves and towards others and learn forgiveness.
- Learn to Focus so they can get in touch with their own implicit wisdom and therefore find their own way forward
- Become more aware of how they walk in the world – what they do, think, feel, believe and the sense they make of all that.
This will enable them to:
- Soothe themselves in times of trouble
- Show themselves self-compassion and others empathy and compassion too
- Listen and communicate more effectively.
- Open their vision to ‘the more’, which includes the good things even when things are tough
- Use the mindfulness and focusing methods that help them the best
- Gain insight and decide to whether and how to change in some way.
- Connect better with others to get a sense of belonging and be more able to build strong quality relationships.
You may decide you would like to implement the MORE than MINDFULNESS course in your school for students (and maybe parents too) and/or do the MtM course as Self-care for Teachers as Professional Development so they learn the “life skills” and teach the students themselves.
MtM will show teachers how to self-care and also help your students build their resilience and improve their wellbeing. It fits right into “Social and Emotional Learning.” Teachers have to deal with a lot and some students are overly anxious and not focused. You already have ways of settling and motivating your students. The MtM course gives you more proven methods that your students (and you) can use when needed.
Here is a summary of what is in the MtM course:
- What is stress to you?
- How do you relax now?
- Your brain and what it does under stress
- Loving-kindness meditation
- CAN Do Practice
- Listening exercise
- ‘When, I feel, because’
- 10 quick mindfulness exercises
- Body scan
- Breathing for relaxation
- Concentrative meditation
- Guided visualisation
- Combined mindfulness script
- Clearing a space
- Getting bigger than what is bothering you
- Notes on how to be a Focusing listener
- The steps of focusing – Summary
- Questions you can ask
- Guiding notes for Focusing and the Focuser
- Guiding notes for Focusing for the listener
- Words that may help when you are with someone helping them focus
- Skills Practice – Listener – your role
- Skills Practice – Focuser – guiding notes
- Getting a ‘felt sense’ of something we like and dislike
- Definitions of Focusing from writers and teachers of focusing
- Definitions of ‘felt sense’
The whole MORE than MINDFULNESS course builds and enhances your students’ inner resources and their ability to connect and care for themselves and others.
Already a member of MORE than MINDFULNESS and looking to jump back in?