Professional Development for Teachers
Self care and calmer classrooms
Be equipped with the practical tools to manage stress, support students wellbeing in the classroom and increase learning time.
Along with their own personal stress, teachers are finding an increase in student anxiety and a reduced ability to focus and learn. This engaging PD offers practical and proven ways for teachers to settle and motivate their students, while looking after their own wellbeing. It will cover easy to implement ways to move from an automatic emotional reaction to feeling more settled in your mind and body. You will be able to choose how you want to respond.
Teachers will leave feeling calm and confident, with the ability to help students improve their social and emotional learning and the skills to thrive.
- 3 or 6 hour onsite in Sydney or Flexible on-line option
- Professional development for teachers $2000 for full day (6 hours) and $1200 for half day (3 hours)
Individual: online, self paced training
3 hour or 6 hour onsite in Sydney on a pupil free Professional Development day or flexible online option via zoom
Eg 1 hour x 6 weeks straight after school or before school in Term 3 or 4, 2022
School face to face training or online
This PD is designed for a school staff to be aligned with the same understanding and language to support their own wellbeing as well as the Social and Emotional Learning of their students.
Leonie is available to come to your school to present face to face, or you can offer this to all staff through a flexible online learning option.
What is covered?
- What is Stress? and the Power of Pausing.
- 10 quick ways to settle your class or yourself in real time.
- What is wellbeing? Living intentional from your Values with Gratitude and compassion. Finding your peaceful place.
- Mindfulness and Meditation to use in class or for you. Breath, body scan, concentrative meditation, loving-kindness.
- Getting to know your Wise SELF and helping students find their Wise SELF.
- Parts theory. Polyvagal theory - a way to make sense
- Felt sensing and Getting bigger than what is bothering you. Focusing - unfolding your intuitive wisdom