10 things to do in 3’s to enhance your day – Do them all or do some of them some of the times and mix them up.
- When you wake up before you get out of bed take 3 big mindful (with awareness) breaths
- As you get out of bed say 3 things you value that you will take into your day. For example, I value being caring, trustworthy and respectful
- At the beginning of the day as you clean your teeth say your aspiration 3 times eg Today I will come from love x 3 or Today I will be patient x 3 or Today I will finish this project
- At the beginning of the day as you brush your hair say an affirmation eg I am a conscientious student or I am a productive worker x 3 or I am enough right now in this moment x 3
- Take 3 breaths as you leave the house, get into the car or walk into school or work or leave work or school
- 3 times an hour – stand up and do a very slow mindful stretch for 10 seconds
- 3 times a day walk mindfully just for a minute or so (ie be aware and notice what you legs and feet are doing, feeling)
- Ask someone you love to hug you and take 3 big breaths together
- 3 times a week do some exercise eg walking for 30 minutes
- At the end of the day write down 3 things you are grateful for.
Do these things for 2 weeks and notice how you feel before you start doing these things. At the end of the 2 week exercise notice again. Has anything changed in how you act, think or feel? Which things did you like best?