- A life skill – which you can use whenever you want to deal with stress or issues. It allows you to know where you are at and helps you find more than just, for example, the anxious parts or the worrying parts. It also allows you to settle those parts.
- A way of allowing and acknowledging whatever comes and accepting yourself just as you are even if something in you is anxious, fearful or sad or joyful.
- A way of settling and soothing yourself
- A way of being with yourself with an attitude of caring and empathy and not being too hard on yourself
- A way to empower yourself and build resilience.
- A way to enable you to relate in more satisfying ways with your family and friends or at work and school
- A way to enhance your creativity and decision-making,
- A way to resolve conflict and reduce stress
- A way to enable you to move forward if you are “stuck” or struggling with issues
- A way to enable deep and lasting emotional healing.
- A way to connect with our spirituality – mind, body and spirit
The quality of our relationship with our self and others is the key to a contented life. I believe we need to find ways to settle and soothe ourselves and to be self compassionate so we can also do the same for others. I also believe we need to lift our awareness of how we walk in the world. We need to find love and forgiveness and gratitude for who we are and who we are becoming (and at times to do the same for others). We all need to give and to receive love, to connect and belong and ultimately to be our authentic self.
Focusing can help us do all these things.
It allows us to see we are more than our anxieties and concerns. Focusing gives us a process to be with whatever comes in a friendly, gentle way and to let our inner wisdom guide us to our next forward step.
Focusing is a life long way to help you find your own way forward with hope and possibility.
As far as I know there is no other way quite like Focusing (and I do love mediation and mindfulness for example). Focusing really is our own process, it comes from our deep place of knowing. Some call this our gut or intuition or our wise self and Gendlin calls it our “implicit knowing”.
Why not try this Focusing thing out for yourself?
If you are interested in having a focusing session please ring me on 0438 412 667 to set up and appointment.